Wear & Care Instructions - Face Masks
Proper wear of your cloth face mask protects your nose and mouth, while care allows your mask to be used for a long time!
- Wash your mask before first use! We prewash and steam press all of our fabrics and face masks, however, washing your masks when your order arrives is essential.
- Wash your cotton face mask in hot water with a small amount of detergent.
- Straighten out the mask and hang to dry or tumble dry on low in the dryer. Note: hanging to dry adds to the longevity of your mask and reduces the risk of breaking the nosepiece.
- Adjustable elastic and silicone locks help by allowing you to tighten the elastic comfortably.
- Run your fingers along the fabric at the bridge of your nose towards your ears, adjusting the elastic and silicone lock as necessary.
- Repeat this technique under your chin, towards your ears. There may be a small gape in the fabric under the chin, however, behind that area, the mask will be snug along the skin.
- Avoid touching your face mask while wearing it
- Remove the mask by grasping the elastics, without touching the fabric
A cloth face mask can be worn approximately 2-3 hours, or until it becomes damp or soiled. At that time, your face mask should be exchanged for a fresh mask. Always have extra cloth masks on hand!